- Rebuild the Winsock LSP chain. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Microsoft Windows XP workstation as an administrator.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will receive the following error message:Unable to reset the Winsock Catalog. Access is denied. If you receive this message, log off the computer, and then log back on by using an account with Administrator access. Typically, the first user account that was created has Administrator access. Then, repeat steps 1b and 1c. If you receive this message, go to step 1d.
- Restart your computer.
- Test each of your third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.
- Reinstall any malfunctioning third-party programs that are known to use LSPs.